Tech Met Careers
Now Hiring: Chemical Milling Processor I
TECH MET, INC. – GLASSPORT/DONORA, PA
Our fast-growing company has an opening for a Chemical Milling Processor I. The preferred candidate should have experience working in a manufacturing related position with experience performing milling operations in support of production operations or job shop machining.
• Etches specified portions of metal parts and materials using immersion equipment, templates, hand tools, and precision measuring instruments.
• Reads and signs off on all requirements and process specifications to determine etch rate, finished dimensions, and method and sequence of operations.
• Cleans surface of parts and materials to ensure uniform adhesion of maskant.
• Immerses parts in and out of tanks and measures specified removal using precision measuring instruments.
• Operates all available machine tools and performs progressive machining operations on work involving very close tolerances or unusual requirements.
• May use skillfully all machinists' hand tools and measuring instruments.
• Uses different types of rotation fixtures.
• Minimum of a high school diploma or a general education diploma (GED)
• Understanding of chemistry alloy is helpful
• Requires Heavy Lifting of Parts 30lbs + and up to 100lbs with assistance.
• Forklift operation experience preferred
• Must be able to read & use a non-metric measuring tape
• Must be able to count & perform simple mathematics (addition, subtraction, multiplication, & division)
• Ability to work overtime when necessary including weekend hours and/or evenings.
• The position work shift hours are an evening shift (3p – 11p based on customer needs).
At Tech Met we succeed together
Tech Met is a 100% employee owned company. The core company values based on honesty, fairness, performance and hard work are perpetuated by the remarkable men and women of Tech Met.
We believe that our employees are our most valuable asset. Every employee is an essential member of Tech Met's team, responsible for contributing to our quality, continuous improvement and customer satisfaction.
EMPLOYEE STOCK OWNERSHIP PLAN: Tech Met’s ESOP is the centerpiece of our benefit platform; providing employees with equity ownership while building financial security for retirement. It enables all employees to have an opportunity to participate and share in the growth of the company.
401K: Tech Met employees are eligible to participate in a 401K savings plan starting one year from their date of hire
COMPENSATION AND TIME OFF: Tech Met offers competitive compensation packages, paid holidays, vacation time, sick days and an annual performance review plan.
HEALTH AND WELFARE: Tech Met provides an array of healthcare benefits for employees, including medical, dental and vision plans.
INCOME REPLACEMENT: Life insurance as well as long-term disability insurance is available for employees and their families.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: Never stop learning. Tech Met offers on the job training and educational assistance for continuing education, training and professional development.
Types of Positions at Tech Met:
Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical and Quality Engineers
Emerging Disciplines: Mechatronics, 3D Engineering, Additive Manufacturing
Technicians and Quality Inspectors
Sign up now for Job Alerts - submit your resume to HR and we will notify you when a job matching your qualifications and interests becomes available.